Monday 27 February 2017

Sew Sew Sew

I think I must be a fickle handworker.  I go through periods of only crocheting, only knitting, only sewing, crocheting and knitting, knitting and sewing, crocheting and sewing, and sometimes all three.   Right now I have one knitting project which involves some embroidery, one crochet project and one sewing project......hmmm!  Apparently there is a handcrafting term UFO -unfinished objects.  Well, I have a few of these.  Am trying to finish off some of these right now.

Anyhow, the young MacOlssons need some more tops.  They are growing like gorgeous weeds, despite the long winter!  I have some gorgeous fabrics which have been keeping my fabric shelf warm, so got cutting and stitching and here are the results.



These two are different versions of the same pattern.  A basic t shirt from Ottobre.  The flowery one is  lengthened to be a tunic.  After I put a picture up on my fb page, I got an order for another cat top!  Last week I received a lovely photo of a very happy little girl in Ireland who got it for her birthday.





These two are Everyday Dress from Made by Runi.  Really fantastic pattern, super easy to follow.  The pattern comes in both child and adult versions, with a huge range of sizes, variations of pockets, fabrics. I definitely recommend it.  Here is her website - and don't be put off by the Norwegian/Swedish.  https://madebyruni.com


The last one was for Master MacOlsson .....the fox lover.  This is a gorgeous velour which I bought from a really nice Finnish designer three years ago.  I cannot remember her name, unfortunately.  He is very happy with his new top, and has requested some more, so for a picky nearly 9 year old (tomorrow is his birthday) his approval means a lot!



I also have a couple of secret projects on the go, but since I suspect the recipients may read here, am not going to show pics just yet.

And yes, I am still fickle.....



This is my pile of granny squares blocking nicely on my chopsticks blocker......






1 comment:

  1. If we don't count my mending/altering pile. I only have 4 UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment here.......:)