Friday 8 April 2011

Spring Fever




There must be something about Spring which awakes the creativity in me. Or is it the possibility of laundry blowing in the wind which inspires me? Whichever it is, I thought I should dive into my fabric stash and make some peg bags. As every good Swede knows, the best way to dry is outside on a line. Oh, and I really ought to say as every good Scottish woman knows......






I think this one is my favourite. The fabric is remnants picked up for a song at the local fabric shop. I thought I
might make a tote bag, but this is a great way of using it up too.





And this fabric, was a table cloth, which I bought on sale
for a ridiculously cheap price. I made some chair covers for our old kitchen chairs (sadly all broken now, but that is another story), a tea cosy for a friend, and there still is
about 1 metre left for future projects. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I sure wish I was able to wash up my bedding and dry it outside, but it is raining, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I use a basket to hold my clothespins at the moment. My mom always used a bag like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment here.......:)